Your Dad is a little out of it as far as music goes but I've liked Weezer in the past and this song is new I guess, and also kinda well known. I thought of you two when I heard it and thought the lyrics were cool. As you get older there will be people that want to challange you on what you like and dislike and be a pinch critical of who you are. Generally be pains in the butt as they try to make you more like them and less like yourself. Everyone tends to do that to some degree. Even people that mean well, like your close friends and your family. Sometimes criticism can be helpful if done to encourage you to explore new ideas or activities that you are unfamiliar with. That is, if it is done to help build you up into a stronger person rather than tear down the person you have already become. Anyway, listen to the song for your old man. BTW the part about "I don't care" means that you shouldn't care about what people think that don't want to build you up into a healthy happy person. You should care about things that are important to you or others you love. Just thought I'd make that clear.
Here is a link to the song/video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WanLLnVixC4
Here are the words to the song:
They say I need some Rogaine
To put in my hair
Work it out at the gym
To fit my underwear
Oakley makes the shades
That transform a tool
You'd hate
Ffor the kids to think
That you lost your cool
I'mma do the things
That I wanna do
I ain't got a thing
To prove to you
I'll eat my candy
With the pork and beans
Excuse my manners
If I make a scene
I ain't gonna wear
The clothes that you like
I'm finally dandy
With the me inside
One look in the mirror
And I'm tickled pink
I don't give a hoot
About what you think
Everyone likes to dance
To a happy song
(Hey, hey)
With a catchy chorus and beat
So they can sing along
(Hey, hey)
Timbaland knows the way
To reach the top of the charts
Maybe if I work with him
I can perfect the art
I'mma do the things
That I wanna do
I ain't got a thing
To prove to you
I'll eat my candy
With the pork and beans
Excuse my manners
If I make a scene
I ain't gonna wear
The clothes that you like
I'm finally dandy
With the me inside
One look in the mirror
And I'm tickled pink
I don't give a hoot
About what you think
No I don't care
I don't care
I'mma do the things
That I wanna do
I ain't got a thing
To prove to you
I'll eat my candy
With the pork and beans
Excuse my manners
If I make a scene
I ain't gonna wear
The clothes that you like
I'm finally dandy
With the me inside
One look in the mirror
And I'm tickled pink
I don't give a hoot
About what you think
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment